Flower Glossary is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
People have used solar energy as far back in time as the 7th Century BC. In its most primitive form, solar energy has been revered and put into use for thousands of years.
Sun worship was widespread and logical, as it gave light and warmth, as well as comfort from the cold and unknown of the night.
During the 3rd century BC, Greek and Roman people used sunlight via “burning mirrors” to light their sacred fires during religious ceremonies.
One legendary tale depicts Archimedes using bronze shields to reflect the sun’s rays to burn the invading Romans’ wooden ships. Though, like many of the epics of the time, creative liberty may have been taken with this particular tale!
While working on his experiments, French physicist Edmond Bécquerèl discovered the photovoltaic effect in 1839.
He noted that the cell generated more electricity when it was illuminated by light. Further development was made by Willoughby Smith, who in 1873 discovered that selenium worked well as a photoconductor.
In 1883, Charles Fritz, an American inventor, created the first working selenium solar cell. Although technology in the 21st Century uses silicon, Fritz’s work was the discovery that paved the way for the solar technology that is used the world over today.
Solar energy is being used and developed in an ever-increasing number of ways — from phone chargers to city blocks, the opportunities seem endless with solar power.
As the technology develops, the ability to use solar on a larger scale is improving rapidly, from technology giants like Apple to farmers irrigating their land and feeding their livestock, industries of all kinds are embracing solar.
Solar water pumps have become widespread as more individuals and industries look to offset their carbon footprint and find eco-friendly and cost-effective ways for their energy needs.
This article will take a look at solar water pumps, what they are, how they work, and we’ll of course look at which ones are the best available on the market today.
We review their power, performance, design, features, and durability to help you find the perfect pump for your needs.
The 10V 6.5W solar panel automatically stores energy throughout the day in the built-in, 1500mAh battery. This ensures the 9V 2.5W water pump can work throughout overcast conditions and without sunlight for up to two and half hours.
The automatic power-off protection cuts power as soon as it leaves the water, and with six different settings for the water spray, and adjustable height, it offers a lot of flexibility. This is suitable for a multitude of scenarios, from a fish tank to ponds, pools to birdbaths.
- Energy stored in the built-in 1500mAh built-in battery
- 10V 6.5W solar panel & 9V 2.5W water pump
- Versatile settings and features, including automatic power-off protection
- Suitable for a wide range of water environments
- Not the most durable device.
- [✔Efficient Solar Panel]: This solar fountain uses a 6.5W upgraded solar panel with high solar energy conversion efficiency. Even if there is only weak sunlight, it can support the pump work.
- [✔Built-In Battery]: This solar bird bath fountain has a built-in 1500mAh battery to store extra solar energy. The fountain can work for a period of time even in cloudy days and evenings.
- [✔6 Water Splash Style]: 6 different nozzles can meet your different needs for jet height or jet shape. The height can be adjusted by changing nozzles to avoid spilling out of the basin.You can easily change the spray head.
- [✔Multi-application]: This solar water pump uses the separated design process. You can add the right hose to the pump. Use it to make outdoor water features. You can also use this pump to make a water circulation system. This pump is very suitable for bird baths, fish tanks, small ponds, swimming pools, gardens and outdoor.
- [✔Helpful Tips]: The solar powered fountain has automatic power-off protection and will automatically stop working when it leaves the water. Note：1. Keep the solar panel clean to avoid no solar energy conversion. 2. You should clean the pump regularly to prevent the pump from being clogged with dust. 3. Please keep the pump below the level. 4. Please contact customer service if you encounter problems with the water pump.
An incredibly versatile water pump that can be used for an extraordinary range of purposes, from ponds and streams to hydroponics. It can move an impressive amount, which means it’s suitable for larger bodies of water.
This mighty 20W unit has a durable 16 feet cord, allowing great flexibility with the positioning of the solar panel. For even more choice, customers can purchase an additional 16ft extension cable.
The pump is loaded with features including adjustable flow control and dry-run protection, as well as having over 20,000 hours of life.
It also comes with a one-year warranty to ensure any repairs or maintenance is covered. There isn’t an included battery with this model, something to consider if you wish to run the water pump at night.
- Over 20,000 hours of pumping
- Powerful 20W solar panel
- 16ft cord and optional 16ft extension
- One-year warranty
- No battery back up (yet)
- The Solariver Solar Water Pump Kit moves large volumes of water without ever plugging into the grid! Perfect for large fountains, water features, ponds, streams, waterfalls, hydroponics, aquaponics, greenhouses, rainwater collection, animal troughs, natural pools or anywhere you need to pump water and don't want to run power to or just want to save on expensive energy bills!
- The durable and efficient submersible brushless magnetic pump has a long life (20,000+ hours), adjustable flow control, dry-run protection, removable pre-filter to prevent debris clogging impeller and is non-toxic to fish, frogs and other aquatic life. Maximum lift 6.5 feet (Under optimal conditions).
- The 20 watt solar panel is framed with aluminum, comes with a stake and can be placed up to 16 feet away from the pump with included power cord. Optional 16' extension cord sold separately allows for placement even further away from the pump.
- 1 Year Warranty - 100% Money Back Guarantee if our pump kit doesn't meet your water pumping needs!
- PLEASE READ prior to purchasing: This water pump is powered by a solar panel therefore requires sunlight to operate. The flow of water is determined by the amount of light that hits the solar panel. There is NO BATTERY in this system. DOES NOT run at night!
The 1.8W solar panel provides 20,000 hours of lifespan thanks to the brushless motor that consumes less power and provides longevity.
Suitable for smaller bodies of water and garden water features, it comes equipped with a 9.5ft cord for more choice in positioning.
This adaptable pump comes with a selection of four kinds of spray heads to ensure users can find the most suitable for their needs.
- 20,000 hours of lifespan with 1.8W solar panel
- Brushless motor for low power consumption
- 9.5ft cord for versatility
- Multiple kinds of spray heads
- Only suitable for small amounts of water
- ⛲ PREMIUM QUALITY SOLAR POWERED BIRDBATH KIT - Crafted to perfection made of a highly efficient solar panel (1.8W) that is functional and provides 20,000 hours of lifespan. Plus, belt in brush-less motor with lower power consumption and will last longer compared to the ordinary solar fountain birdbath. In addition, it has no electric outlet or external battery, so it's not only easy to use but also safe for your feathered friends.
- ⛲ ENERGY SAVING FISH AND BIRD BATH FOUNTAIN - Help keep up a safe, fresh and healthy bathing environment for fish and birds and using sunlight energy on the panel. Enable birders to be ready to offer a cool drink or quick dip to their backyard birds without accidental harm. Great for bird bath, fish tank, small pond, pool and garden decoration, water circulation for oxygen which makes your yard looks cozy and inviting.
- ⛲ CONVENIENT & FUNCTIONAL WITH 4 KINDS OF SPRAY HEADS - Pump will start working in 3 seconds once exposed to sufficient sunlight. It comes with fitting accessories and 4 types of sprinkler heads for different water flows and water heights to prevent water splashing. Max water height: 70cm (27.6inch), Cord Length: 9.5Ft. Max water area: 150cm (59 inch). The height of water depends on the strength of the sunlight.
- ⛲ ECO-FRIENDLY & POWERED BY SUNLIGHT ENERGY - Nothing is more reassuring when you know that you're using a garden fountain pump without running cost for electricity. This not only benefits you in a financial sense but also safe and less impact on the environment. These solar fountain pumps can be used almost anywhere at home (backyard, garden, patio, pool and much more), as long as there is enough sun.
- ⛲ AWESOME VALUE WIRELESS WATER FOUNTAIN FOR OUTDOOR - Our birdbath kit comes with 1.8 W solar panel, pump, 9.5ft cord and sprinkler heads. We are so confident in the quality of our Bird Bath Solar Panel Kit and we are always ready to discuss your concerns. In case you're unhappy with your purchase of our fountain accessories, just email us!
This 12V DC submersible solar water pump is powerful and able to pump water from deep wells into storage tanks. Thanks to the Safety 12V Solar System, the panel can last for over ten years.
The manufacturer’s one-year warranty will cover any quality issues or damages when delivered.
The solar panels themselves have an admirable five-year warranty, showing the manufacturer’s customer care and confidence in their products.
- Safety 12V Solar System for 10+ years of lifespan
- 5-year warranty for solar panels
- 1-year warranty for damage or quality issues
- Suitable for deep waters and challenging conditions
- Backup battery isn’t exactly high quality
- 👨🔧[Upgraded 100W Solar Well Pump Kit]: The solar well pump kit includes 100W solar panel and 1.6 GPM deep well pump (96W) and 10Ah waterproof power box with switch.Don’t need to purchase batteries, this is the most perfect solar water pump system, newly upgraded, simplifies the tedious steps for users.
- 🔋[IP65 Waterproof 12V 10Ah Power Box]: Innovative combination of Lithium battery and controller.Press the switch to control the water pump on and off. The power box controller will automatically adjust the solar panel and battery voltage to make the water pump run more stably. With a waterproof shell, IP65 waterproof, use more relax.
- 💦[High Quality 96W Deep Well Pump]: Water Pump Working Voltage: 12V(DC), Power: Max 96W, Deep Well Pump IP68 Waterproof Rating, Compact Size (D x H): 9.8 x 27cm, Comes with a 1.5 meter cable. Easy connect a solar panel or DC power to start pumping. The actual maximum pumping depth is 50FT.
- 🥇[Stable performance, wider compatibility]: 100W monocrystalline solar panel can provide 400Wh/day (depending on the intensity of the sun), with 10Ah power box, the work efficiency is more stable. You can get more power by connecting multiple solar panels in parallel or in series.
- ❕[Suggestions for use]: According to years of experience in water pump system, users are mostly used for irrigation, feeding livestock, pumping water as well pump, submersible pump. Our recommendation is not to use it for more than 4 hours at a time, and to clean the pump regularly to avoid damage. Any pump quality problems, we provide a one-year quality guarantee.
A great kit for those looking to set up a fountain in the garden that comes with everything needed from the get-go.
The battery stores energy when under the sun’s rays and will continue to operate at full capacity for up to four hours without a source of sunlight.
The manufacturer includes a one-year warranty in case of technical faults or quality issues. The powerful pump can spray water to heights of up to 56 inches at a superb rate of 132 gallons per hour.
The included connection cord is a little under 6.5 feet long, whilst the LED light comes on automatically at night for improved visibility.
- Battery stored energy for 4 hours of continuous use without sunlight
- Everything included in the kit
- 1-year warranty to protect customers
- Pumps 132 gallons per hour and reaches 56 inches in height
- Some claim that it doesn’t work as long after dark as advertised
- Overall dimensions: 10 inches long x 7.5 inches wide x 0.75 inches deep, weighs 6.6 pounds
- Features: Fountain pump pushes or sprays water up to 56 inches high at a rate of 132 gallons per hour
- Includes: One solar powered panel, one battery pack, one ground spike for the solar panel, 132 GPH submersible pump with four foot pads, one LED light, two 16-foot cables, one 77" cable connects the solar panel to the battery pack, four 3-inch extension tubes and two different fountain spray heads
- Solar powered: Solar panel needs direct sunlight to run during day and stores energy in the battery pack; Fully stored energy in the battery pack will run the pump for up to 4 hours; LED light only works at night and will turn on/off automatically
- Warranty: Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer warranty for worry-free purchasing
A powerful and feature-packed kit that comes with a one-year warranty and 100% money-back guarantee.
With over 20,000 hours or fifteen years of lifespan, and a pumping ability of 195 gallons per hour, this is a mighty powerful pump that meets a range of different pumping needs.
It comes with a 16ft cord for maximum maneuverability, making it suitable for a range of purposes such as ponds, fountains, greenhouses, and aquaponics.
It’s easy to set up and can be used straight out of the box, making it hassle-free with maximum reward.
- 1-year warranty and 100% money-back guarantee
- 20,000+ hours or 15 years lifespan
- Pumps 195 gallons per hour
- 16-ft cord for versatility and multiple applications
- Partial shade can be an issue
- 【 20,000+ Lifespan-196 GPH Pump 】 - Max flow rate: 196 GPH (740 L/H). Max lift height: 5.6 FT (1.7 m). Long service life: 20,000+ hours. Cord length: 16 FT (5m). Detachable, safer.
- 【 New Model-12 Watt Solar Panel 】 - Upgrade from polycrystalline solar panels to monocrystalline solar panels. Higher cost, better quality, photoelectric conversion efficiency increased by 5-10%, the service life is more than 15 years if in proper use and storage.
- 【 Our Guarantee 】 - 1 Year Warranty - 100% Money Back Guarantee if our pump kit doesn't meet your water pumping needs! PLEASE READ prior to purchasing: This water pump is powered by a solar panel in direct sunlight (battery NOT included). The flow of water is determined by the sunlight intensity. DOES NOT run at night!
- 【 Multi-application 】 - This solar powered pond pump is for outdoor landscape, powered by solar energy, free maintenance, no wire, no electrical shock. Perfect Suitable for outdoor large fountains, water features, ponds, streams, waterfalls, hydroponics, aquaponics, greenhouses, rainwater. Make your garden more interesting and beautiful. Attract your neighbors and cute little animals.
- 【 Easy to Use 】 - Out of the box. Plug and play in the sun. Choose the fountain heads you like. 【 TIP 】: Try not to make it dry run to keep it life longer.
Another top-quality solar water pump from AISITIN, this time featuring the company’s 5V 3.5W solar panels with a 5V 1W powered pump.
The solar panels store the sun’s energy in the built-in, 1500mAh battery for extended use when sunlight is scarce.
It features six different styles of water sprayers for diverse use and functionality, making it suitable for small ponds, birdbaths, fish tanks, and other smaller bodies of water.
The automatic power-off protection ensures that it automatically cuts off when removed from its water source.
- Energy stored in the built-in 1500mAh built-in battery
- Versatile settings and features, including automatic power-off protection
- Suitable for a wide range of water environments
- 5V 3.5W solar panels and 5V 1W pump
- Not suitable for larger applications
- [✔Efficient Solar Panel]: AISITIN 3.5W solar bird bath fountain is upgrade to high-quality solar panels, it allows the water pump to work continuously, even when the sunlight is weak.
- [✔1500 mAh Built-in Battery]: This solar powered fountain pump built-in 1500 mAh battery, automatic storage of solar energy. This solar fountain can work continuously for 3~4 hours even on cloudy days or at night.
- [✔6 Different Water Style Sprayers]: This solar water fountain has 6 different nozzles to meet your different needs for jet height or jet shape. The height can be adjusted by changing nozzles to avoid spilling out of the basin.You can easily change the spray head.
- [✔Eco-friendly And Multi-application]: This solar fountain does not need any additional power supply, very environmentally friendly. This environmentally friendly solar fountain pump has a diameter of 7.8 inches, which is very suitable for bird baths, fish tanks, ponds, swimming pools, gardens and outdoors. This fountain will attract hummingbirds and it is very interesting.
- [✔Helpful tips]: The product has automatic power-off protection and will automatically stop working when it leaves the water. You should clean the pump regularly to prevent the pump from being clogged with dust. The solar panel needs to be kept clean, and the shading of leaves or stains will affect the conversion of solar energy.
A 3.5W solar water pump with a built-in 900mAh battery for continued use in cloudy conditions and even at night. An interesting feature is the unique Anti-Drift design, which allows the fountain to be fixed in the water source.
This in turn will aid in the reduction of water spillage. It comes with a whopping seven different kinds of water spray nozzle for a diverse range of water displays. Suitable for smaller bodies of water such as fish tanks, small ponds, birdbaths, or other garden water features.
Safety first with water-shortage protection and a filtration box to block dirt, leaves, and other possible contaminants.
- 3.5W powered pump with built-in 900mAh battery for energy storage
- Anti-Drift design to reduce water loss
- 7 different water nozzles
- Safety features include water-shortage protection
- Not powerful enough to handle large volumes of water
- Upgraded 3.5W 900mAh Battery: 3.5W solar fountain pump with 900mAh battery back up. It can effectively work on cloudy days, power storage function makes it possible to work at night. Place this solar bubbler fountain in the water and work automatically in 3s once exposed to sufficient sunlight. Up to 60cm jet height on sunny days, about 30cm on cloudy days.
- New Anti-Drift Design: Different from other solar fountains which always floating around the sides of the birdbath, our solar powered fountain equipped with 4 anti-drift plastic tubes. It can fix the fountain in the middle of the birdbath, reduce water run out of the bird bath and a gentle burbling sound will come to you.
- 7 Water Styles: Gocheer solar fountain pump comes with 7 different nozzles that can support 7 water styles. Easily to install nozzles to change the water style you like. Perfect for applications like bird bath, pond, small pool, garden decoration, fish tank, outdoor and water circulation for oxygen.
- Safety Protection and longer lifetime: Solar pump with water-shortage protection and filtration box. Take a protection when shortage of water. Filtration box makes it better for blocking dirt, dust, leaves. That make its service time more than 10000 hours.
- Nice Gift for your Families: Gocheer solar powered fountains commit to bringing a happiness and interesting garden life to you. It will be nice in attracting bird butterflies to your garden.
AEO’s range includes a variety of models with differing power and water flow standards. Each is an all-in-one kit for use in ponds, aquariums, and alongside water features.
This model has a durable aluminum frame for weather resistance and features a brushless motor that can operate continuously for a lifespan of more than 20,000 hours.
The solar panels are constructed of durable and high-quality polycrystalline. Worry less about maintenance thanks to the DC water pump with the neat prefilter cage design that protects the pump from damage.
The manufacturer includes a one-year limited warranty for protection against quality issues.
- Wide range of power and water flow options
- 10W polycrystalline solar panel with aluminum frame
- Brushless motor for optimum consistency
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Needs full, direct sun to maximize water pressure
- Perfect for Solar Fountain, Fish Pond, and Aquarium
The 180° rotatable solar panels allow more time in the day for catching the sun’s beams, whilst the pump has a lifespan of over 10,000 hours of use.
It also comes with a 10ft cord to give more range of functionality and choice when placing the pump and solar panel.
The brushless motor provides consistent performance and reduces maintenance, as well as improves the pumps’ lifespan.
There are four different kinds of spray heads included that allow for different levels of water flow and height, with it pumping a maximum of around 35 gallons per hour in the correct conditions.
- 180° rotatable solar panels for improved sun coverage
- 10ft cord for the versatility of function
- 10,000+ hours of lifespan
- Brushless motor for durability and consistency
- Spout holes can clog easily
- 【High Quality Solar Water Pump Kit】Equipped with 180° rotatable high-efficiency solar laminates panels, the solar water fountain pump has more than 10,000 hours of lifespan, delicate and perfect. Built-in brushless motor that provides a longer service life and lowers energy consumption.
- 【4 Nozzles Solar Water Pump】4 types of spray heads for different water flow and water height. Solar water fountain pump will start working in 3 seconds once being exposed to sufficient sunlight. Solar pond fountain water up to 23.6in-27.5in, line length: 10Ft. water flow:0-160L/H. The height of water depends on the strength of the sunlight.
- 【2 Install Methods and Easy Clean】Solar panel can be screwed on the wall or inserted into the ground. The solar water pump is small and easy to hide. No need any tools to detach it, easy to separate and clean. It's the perfect gift for your family and friends. This solar water fountain will be a fantastic decorating addition to your life.
- 【Eco-Friendly Solar Fountain】Biling solar powered water pump, safety and environmentally friendly. It can provide birds with a cool drink or quickly dipped in water without causing accidental injuries. Perfect for bird bath, fish tank, small pond, pool, garden decoration, water circulation for oxygen which makes your yard look so amusingly.
- 【Suggestion】Biling outdoor solar water pump needs enough water to work. Please clean the solar pump on regular basis to avoid the pump get blocked with dirt. We provide 30 days no-question-asked refund policy, 1-year replacement service, Meet any questions, please contact us.
The Lewisa 10W solar water pump kit comes equipped with a 10W solar panel that provides strong performance and energy production. The extended 16.4ft cord allows for maximum versatility and improved functionality, especially in garden areas encircled with shade.
It comes with different water nozzles for varying patterns and flows, allowing a little creative flair. The included filter bag allows for improved protection against contaminants.
The metal frame provides a sturdy foundation and support for the solar panel, and it can be conveniently fixed to a wall if required.
- 10W solar panel
- 16.4ft cord for optimum functionality
- Sturdy metal frame for panel support
- Filter bag for protection from grime and contaminants
- Uncommon tube sizing can make finding replacements tricky
- 10W LARGE Solar Collector --- A higher wattage rating than the other solar pond pumps, put out more energy to make the water flow and circulate
- Unique Spray Water Patterns --- Interchangeable fountain heads ( Mushroom or Blossom or others) are great to customize the water patterns it creates
- Longer Cable Length --- 16.4 feet (5m) cord from the pump to the solar panel so it would get sun most of the day. You can have the fountain in the shade but the panel in the sun.
- Filter Bag Included --- To avoid the pump getting blocked with dirt
- Metal Bracket --- 2 Ways to Install the Solar Panel: Stand on the ground or mount on the wall with included screws
This great pump from Viajero features a 270° rotatable 3W solar panel that has a lifespan of up to and over 10,000 hours. The solar panel itself can be fixed securely on the ground or fixed up on the wall if the environment suits.
With seven different sweater spray styles, there is a wide variation in display and performance settings. The manufacturers also offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you’re not fully satisfied with the product’s performance.
- 7 kinds of water spray nozzle for diverse use and varied displays
- 270° rotatable 3W solar panel with over 10,000 hours of lifespan
- The solar panel can be fixed to the ground or the wall
- High-quality weather-resistant materials
- Yellow head attachments are very “loud” when compared to the rest of the black design
- 2021 LATEST SOLAR FOUNTAIN: Viajero 2022 latest upgraded solar fountain with high quality solar glass laminates reaches 3W power, the solar panels will transform stronger power and work more time (10000 hours) in harsh environment. More power, more long-lasting and stable spray than most version on the market.
- ENERGY SAVING BIRD BATH FOUNTAIN: Our water fountain uses solar energy to power it up. Without running cost for electricity, this not only benefits you in a financial sense but also safe and less impact on the environment. In addition, it has no electric outlet or external battery, so it's not only easy to use but also safe for your feathered friends.
- 7 KINDS OF WATER SPRAYERS & EASY TO USE: Comes with 7 different nozzles, the bird bath solar fountain will meet the needs of different water flows and water heights to prevent water splashing from the container easily, and the spraying height can be adjusted from 16 to 24 in. Just put in the water, the solar pump will start to work in 3s once exposed to sufficient sunlight, perfect for bird bath, fish tank, small pond, pool, garden decoration, water circulation for oxygen.
- 2 INSTALLATION METHODS & ECO FRIENDLY: The latest version of Viajero2021 has made new upgrades and improvements reported by many customers. Compared to other solar fountains, the solar panel can not only be screwed with on the wall, but also insert into the ground. This solar water pump runs automatically, solar powered, energy-saving and environmentally friendly.
- MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS: Pluggable Fountains Water Pump will bring the scent of birds into your garden, and be more fun for your children. If you are not 100% satisfied, please contact us for an exchange or a 100% full refund for free, we will always serve you. We promise to respond within 24 hours.
AISITIN’s 2.5W solar pump is highly efficient and has an outstanding lifespan of over 20,000 hours. It’s suitable for smaller water purposes such as birdbaths, fountains, fish tanks, or other modest water features.
Featuring six kinds of water spray that each offers different flow rates, power, and performance, it’s versatile to say the least.
Customers also have the option to change out the nozzles with an extended 4ft pipe, for an even greater range of use and functionality.
- 2.5W solar pump with over 20,000 hours of use
- Wide variety of water styles, flow rates, and power
- Suitable for numerous water features and purposes
- Highly-efficient performance
- Panel is quite small, which limits this kit’s power
- DIY Solar Water Pump Kit: This small solar fountain has six types of sprinklers, which can be used for different water flow and water heights. It can be used for many kinds of DIY to add fun to your garden. Can be made into a bird bath fountain and fish tank water circulation tools. Help birds and fish to maintain a vibrant ecosystem. Replace the nozzles with 4ft water pipes to make different water feature that will make your garden look comfortable and inviting.
- High Efficiency And Long Life: Life is greater than 20,000 hours, When the sun is shining, the pump will start automatically within 3 seconds, Upgraded 2.5W solar water pump, High efficiency and large area solar panel which can provide strong power and the height of water depends on the intensity of sunlight.
- Easy to install: Put the pump totally in the water and nozzle over the water, make sure the pump is fixed firmly on the bottom of the fountain to avoid vibration. plug the jack of pump in the jack of solar panel output. put the solar panel under enough sunlight and be better to face directly to sun.
- Eco-friendly And Safe：It does not need batteries or electricity, it is completely controlled by solar energy. So, it is very environmentally friendly. This solar water pump kit is very safe from users without any danger. It is a perfect patio and garden decoration.
- Requires Attention: Do not use the solar fountain without water, otherwise the motor will be damaged. Change water frequently to keep the water cleaning to avoid any dirt to impede the pump Keep the surface of solar panel cleaning constantly. When the sunlight is weak, water pumps will not work continuously, once sunlight is stronger it will automatically continuous work. The water height is proportional to sunlight.
A brilliant solar water pump designed for use with small water features such as fountains, birdbaths, or tiny ponds. The built-in brushless motor ensures low energy consumption, consistent performance, and durability.
It has a long potential lifespan of over 20,000 hours and comes with four different spray adapters for a variety of water flow options.
The design makes it easy to maintain and clean, whilst its lightness makes it easy to move or relocate when needed.
- Over 20,000 hours of use
- 4 different water spray adapters for versatility and functionality
- Built-in brushless motor for consistency and reduced energy consumption
- Suitable for a variety of water features
- Struggles with even moderately-sized bodies of water
- ECO-FRIENDLY SOLAR FOUNTAIN PUMP----Solar powered, no extra power needed, energy-saving and environmentally friendly. Starts working in 3 seconds once exposed to sufficient sunlight. Perfectly suitable for garden, bird bath, small pond, water circulation for oxygen, etc.
- A VARIETY OF SPRAY----4 Different size Sprayer Adapters to make you easy to switch to different applications. Can make different water flows and water heights.
- LONG SERVICE LIFE----The solar water fountain pump has a built-in brushless motor that provides a longer service life and lower energy consumption. it can not only operate the brushless motor easily under small light like a brush motor, but also has a longer service life (≧20000 Hours) than other brush motors.
- CONVENIENT FUNCTION DESIGN ---Simply cleaning, easily move to different locations, no plugs required, small, multiple fountain heads for different water patterns. Just connect solar panel and pump., it will run automatically once the solar panel reach enough sunlight.
- PRIORITY GIFT OPTION FOR MANY APPLICATIONS----It is an amazing and fantastic product at this price. Easy to install, no tools required; Can be left outdoors all year round; It’s a good solution for small or medium fountains, birdbaths and ponds, garden plants caring. A good gift for friends, families, parents etc.
A small yet powerful pocket rocket for small projects including ponds, fish tanks, and garden water features. It is powered by a 7V 1.4W solar panel and a DC 4.5-10V pump power, whilst it can pump up to forty gallons of water per hour.
There are four varied water spray nozzles for different water flows and display settings, depending on your needs. The pump is easy to clean and care for to ensure it maintains optimal performance for a longer period.
- 7V 1.4W solar panel & DC 4.5-10V pump power
- Able to pump up to 40 gallons of water per hour
- Four different water spray settings
- Easy to maintain and clean
- No suction cups on base to keep steady
- [Eco-Friendly] No battery or electricity needed. Runs automatically in 3s when sunlight is sufficient, making it a great choice of garden ornaments solar powered.
- [4 Nozzles] This solar water pump kit with 4 nozzles allows you to choose fountain water patterns at will.
- [Scenarios] Solar fountain pump of calendula shape, small size and high power features flexible use for birdbath, fish tank, pond and swimming pool and bird bath for garden.
- [Easy to clean] Keep the water, panel and pump clean to ensure nothing shades the panel or block the water pump for water feature.
- [Beautify your garden] The dynamic solar fountain may attract some butterflies, birds or other small animals to make your garden more beautiful and energetic.
When choosing between similar-looking products, it can be difficult to know which one is best for you. Before buying a solar-powered water pump, check out a few things that you should consider before buying one.
Some of these factors could determine whether the product meets your needs and demands. Others may determine the features that are included in the product.
Solar Panel Power
Before buying a solar pump, you should first consider the power of the solar panel. The higher the solar panel’s power, the more energy the panel can produce.
The power generated by a solar panel also affects the force of the water jet that the pump can produce, so it’s important to select one that has enough power to generate enough pressure for the job.
If a solar panel generates more electricity than the total energy consumed by a pump, it can run a pump even when there’s not enough sunlight.
Considering the water feature that the pump is intended for is going to be a permanent or semi-permanent fixture in your garden, you will want a reliable, consistent, and durable water pump.
As with many products, paying a higher price can often bring higher quality materials and, in turn, more durability, weather resistance, and longevity.
Although it might be a more expensive initial financial outlay, you will benefit in the long run through the improved performance and consistency.
The Pump’s Power & Energy Consumption
Pumping power is one of the most influential factors to consider if you’re looking to buy a solar-powered pump for your pond.
The pumping power of the pump is determined by the volume of fluid flowing through the pump per unit time (flow rate) and the efficiency of the motor driving the pump (pump efficiency). Simply put, higher flow rates and efficiency mean greater pumping power.
Pumping power is another factor affecting how high the water jet will go, if the pump lacks power then the water jet might be underwhelming and inconsistent. If you’re hoping for more of a majestic-looking water jet, opt for more pumping power.
Another important factor is how much power the pump consumes. Older models will generally consume a lot more energy compared to many of the more recent models.
The newer technology allows them to be much more efficient with the energy they use, with smaller panels giving the same performance as older models with larger ones.
Be sure to look for models with energy-saving features and high-quality parts to save energy, money, and enjoy a higher level of performance.
Additional Power Source
Solar panels can only generate electricity when there is sufficient sunlight, so when there are overcast days or miserable weather conditions, the power source is cut off, as it would be in the dark of night.
No power source means no pumping water, so how can you overcome this energy obstacle? If you want to use the pump even when it’s dark outside, you need to install an extra battery.
The length of time the pump runs depends on the size of the battery. Even when there is no sunlight, the pump will continue running for a certain time.
For those that live somewhere with temperamental weather conditions or may wish to have the water pump at night, then ensuring you have a battery power reserve is essential.
Connectivity & Placement
A key design aspect to consider is the connection between the pump and the solar panel. Some models will come with a longer cord, which allows for more options when considering the location of the water feature.
A longer cord will also allow for catching the sun throughout different times of day, as the panel can cover a larger surface area of the garden.
Comparatively, those models with a shorter connection cord between the pump and solar panel offer less flexibility and movement concerning placement and duration in sunlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Advantages Of Solar Power?
Solar power is an efficient, reliable, and most importantly, clean alternative to fossil fuels. It can be used anywhere in the world, including deserts, and it doesn’t emit greenhouse gasses while generating power.
An environmentally friendly way to reduce your carbon footprint and reduce your electricity bill, using solar power also allows you to gain a degree of energy independence from the centralized energy grid.
Why Should I Put A Water Feature In My Garden?
Solar-powered water pumps are now widespread and offer an eco-friendly and efficient way to power water features in any space (some sunlight is usually required!).
Water features are a classic way to breathe new life into a garden space. A visual delight, they’re fantastic for the local environment.
Having a pond or natural pool in the garden will attract local wildlife, improving the biodiversity of the space. There is also the opportunity to put fish into the pond if that is something that interests you.
How Do You Clean A Solar Water Pump?
The first step in cleaning the solar pump is to remove all dirt and debris from around it. Do this by using a brush – preferably a soft one – and some soap to get all the grime out.
Make sure that there are no sharp objects near your pump, though, as they can easily puncture it, which will make for expensive repairs later on.
Once you’re done with the pump’s exterior, you’ll need to have a look at its interior. Ensure careful handling, and, again, don’t use anything too abrasive when cleaning it.
You can clean a particularly dirty pump with a weak bleach solution of nine parts water to one part bleach. However, if you have fish or plants in your backyard pond, don’t use bleach in it.
Although it kills algae, bacteria, and other unwanted organisms in your pond, it could also kill the fish and plants that have found a home there.
If any other wildlife is using your water as a drinking source, they could also become sick from any water source contaminated with bleach.
What Is A Solar Water Pump?
A solar-powered pumping system usually includes a solar panel array, which converts sunlight into electricity; a solar charge controller, which regulates the flow of electricity produced by the solar panels; a DC water pump, which moves water through pipes; and a fuse box/breaker, which protects the components of the system.
How Does A Solar Water Pump Work?
Power is generated using the solar PV (photovoltaic) system. Solar energy is converted into electricity by the photovoltaic array (panel), which is then used to power the pump to draw water through the system from the source.
And that’s that, folks — we’ve just looked at 15 amazing solar water pumps. Any one of them could be the key to taking your garden to the next level in terms of both beauty and energy efficiency — hooray!